Comite Mexicano Civico Patriotico
In 1931, a group of Mexicans decided to unite their efforts to preserve and spread the traditions and customs of Mexico and celebrate its historical dates. Comite Mexicano Civico Patriotico was founded.
In 1946, the first parade in East Los Angeles was held, which began in Placita Olvera and ended in Lincoln Park. The parade route has changed through the years, bringing more spectators and corporate sponsors.